Pivotal Moment


A pivotal moment in my education was when I first joined Girl Scouts. I still remember the very first day in kindergarten with all new shining faces, games, and snacks. It was so simple back then, but it has developed into so much more. When you think of education, you think of STEM, but Girl Scouts has taught me so much that I couldn’t possibly learn in a classroom. I have learned much more about myself and the growing world around me. I now know that I learn best with hands-on experiences, which are presented in many opportunities through Girl Scouts. 

For example, in kindergarten and first grade, I learned to help people, and to give to those with less than me at such a young age. I volunteered many hours at senior homes, food banks, animal shelters, and more. In second and third grade, I learned to expand my interests and try new things which led me to dance, a hobby I am now extremely passionate about and dedicated to. In fourth and fifth grade, I devoted lots of my time going to Girl Scout camps to build more life skills and make new friends for middle school. Throughout middle school, I sold Girl Scout cookies which taught me the importance of money and how hard-working salespeople are. In ninth grade, I earned my bronze and silver awards by using my voice to communicate how buying locally grown produce is better for everyone. And lastly, I am currently striving to earn my gold award by building a catalog library system for a local recreational center that will help my community. On top of that, during the global pandemic, we have made endless hospital care-kits for healthcare workers to show our appreciation. If it wasn’t for Girl Scouts, I would not be educated on many world issues around me and how I can directly take action to make the world a better place. I have built up the courage to use my voice through this tight-knit community of girls that have taught me more than almost anyone in my life.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Love Me, He Loves Me Not

Acknowledgments

4 Reasons Why People Hate Poetry