My Ideal World

This week in class, we wrote about our characters’ ideal world in our novels. In 1984, Winston’s ideal world is a world where love, individuality, and truth are allowed. That got me thinking about what my ideal world would be.  In my ideal world, everyone would be happy. Nobody would be in poverty. There would be no such thing as world hunger, or crime, or corruption. There would be no discrimination or racism. Rape, gender inequality, and harassment wouldn’t exist. Everybody could have anything they wanted, whenever they wanted it. Nobody had to do anything they didn’t want to do. Everybody would be equal. It would be perfect. 


Then, I started to think about why this wouldn’t work. Because we, as humans, are greedy and proud. We always feel the need to rise above each other. If everyone in the world had a one million dollar house, there would always be people who wanted a two million dollar house. Also, people have different opinions. My perfect world isn’t the same as my neighbor’s. Nobody would be completely happy in someone else’s utopia. A “perfect” world means a finished, or completed one. Our world continues to grow and change everyday, making it very “imperfect”. Although there are a lot of things wrong in our world, we need to rise above our differences to resolve them. In my new ideal world, everyone would be helping each other and working toward goals to improve the world everyday. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Love Me, He Loves Me Not

Acknowledgments

4 Reasons Why People Hate Poetry